Bills that need catching up!!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Consequences of dining out

Since I started my new job, I have gained five pounds. At first I couldn't understand why, I work-out regularly, and eat pretty healthy. Then the reality of it hit me like a ton of bricks, I was eating out for lunch 3-5 days a week. I was chowing down on Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Applebys, and other restaurants. To make matters worse, the people I have lunch with are all men and they eat twice as much as I do and I know unconsciously I was trying keep up with their food intake. As silly as that last statement sounds, it made perfect sense to me. So in addition to all the money I spent in the last three months on lunch, I gained five pounds! How's that for a consequence of dining out and spending money. I am now "brown bagging" my lunch, increasing my work-out to five to six days a week, to include 2-3 strength training sessions and 4-5 cardio sessions. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll lose that extra inch in no time and think how much your savings will gain! Great work!

Emergency Fund