Mother Nature has played a nice joke on us in New Jersey, I woke to see rain mixed in with snow. Its hard to believe its April already, too bad it still feels like winter here in New Jersey!
Anyhow I have a few financial goals to list for this month
Anyhow I have a few financial goals to list for this month
1. Set up a new combined family Budget
2. Create a new weekly menu
3. Eat from the Pantry/Freezer - only shop for produce
4. Only eating out twice this month on my own expense
5. Start up my mystery shopping again.
6. Save $100.00 (Its a start!)
With that said, I know of other family expenses that will need to be accounted for:
- One Child's Birthday
- One Child's Eye Appt. and glasses (Insurance covers most of it)
- One Child's Doc Appt. and Prescription ($90)
- Easter Basket for 4 Children
- Easter dinner - I am making a Salad and Dessert
I am sure there will be another family expense that pops up, but for now that is what we have.
Finally there is the Wedding Expense, lucky for us, my mother is helping out with that expense. Even though she is helping, we are being very mindful of keep the expenses within the 10K budget. These are the balances for the wedding
- Marriage License $28
- Groom/Best Man $100
- Rings $155
- Photographer $200
- Hair & Make-up $225
- DJ $350
- Officiant $300
- Venue $4000
- Flowers TBD (Bouquet, Boutineers& Corsages)
This totals come up to $5,358.00 not including the flowers, my mother was going to make the bouquets, boutineers and corsages, however she wants to visit with my brother during the weekend of the wedding. So needless to say that is another expense and that will takes over the budgeted 10K amount. I tried to talk her out of it, but she insists!
Financial Slacker Chic Out.....
Financial Slacker Chic Out.....



No comments:
Post a Comment