Thursday, May 29, 2008
Pantry Challenge Redux
Well I am on a roll today! So over the weekend I went to visit my mom and of course she has filled my car with food. She gave me 30 cans of tuna, I will not have to buy tuna for the rest of the year! She also gave my daughter enough snack food to last through the summer and lastly she did not feel I had enough in my freezer. Upon our return home, I began to put all the food away and discovered my garage is in serious need of reorganizing and cleaning out. So the nonperishable foods are just sitting on garage floor in the bags waiting to be put away; and I am determined to get the garage cleaned out this weekend. I probably will have to have a free-garage sale to get rid of all the items I do not use anymore! After I made the garage assessment, I turned my attention to the cooler that was only suppose have the bulgogi my mom made for me. Much to my surprise (not really) there was a lot more in there than I thought there would be. I literally had to shove food into my freezer to make it all fit! I am not complaining, I am grateful that my mother shares her pantry with me, even though its not necessary. It does show how much she cares and loves me and my daughter. With all this now in my "pantry" and freezer, guess what I will only have to grocery shop for bread, milk, eggs and deli meat and cheese. So for the next few months, my grocery bill will be minimal and I was thinking that maybe I should start taking the money I save in groceries and roll it up toward a bill and pay the bills off...hmmm any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment