Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday's Financial Truth


Its Monday and I am tired, however, its time to face the music. I feel I spent too much this weekend. Friday I spent $10 on shipping, went to the gym then we hung out, ate dinner and watched TV. Saturday was the day my daughter was participating in the parade. I took out
$40 just have a bit of money and here is where that went too:
$20 on personal expense, $9 on food and $11 went to my daughter for her to enjoy herself with her friends at the town event. Then it was time for my sweet man's son and I to hang for a while, so again I took another $40 out and here is how that is broken down: $17 went to veggies and then $10 went somewhere and I still have $13 left for the week. I also spent a total of $19 for additional groceries and $8 more for dining. Then there was the $30 in gas and $10 for the pharmacy, $9 for Halloween candy and then 7 in personal products. Oh I almost forgot the $14 I spent at Target. All in all I spent about $170 this weekend and probably only 1/3 of that amount was actually necessary to purchase. I was a little disappointed after I added everything up but I realized that I can also learn from this weekend. Like Cindy's Porch states, Do instead of Buy. Next weekend will be a "Do" weekend, I already know that if does not rain, I will work on my lawn and garage. I also already know that I will need $5 for an activity for my daughter, so that money is placed aside. So now its just watching my costs for the week. Oh Yeah, I posted another item on eBay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weekends are my biggest challenge as well. During the week I don't really have much time to go shopping for anything except bread and milk, but weekends....

Just discovered your blog, very interesting read!

Emergency Fund