Bills that need catching up!!!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Yeah...It's Been a While!

I know it's been a while!  It has been so crazy the last couple of months.  I was on company travel in the beginning of April for about two weeks and that travel really screwed up my grove.  Financially we are doing okay, I was able to get the electric paid in full and on a equal payment plan budget!  Actually most of the bills are up to date, they are just paid about one week late.  Considering how it was in the beginning of the year, I am very proud of our accomplishment.  I am still working at the diner, although I would like to quit my part-time job, I still do not feel comfortable doing so.

On a personal note during my time away, I also had to deal with an issue with my teenage daughter, which was very emotional at the time and it took me while to recover from situation.  As of today, that situation is okay, but it's in the back of my mind wondering will she pull this type of stunt again.  If she does try, how does this affect the rest of the members of my family?  Honestly, dealing with my family situation took precedent over my blog.  I still feel the situation is not totally resolved, but what can I do....I just take it one day at a time.

On a brighter note, my husband and I have decided that since we are pretty stable we will be going to Florida for a week in August.  So I started to look for a place to stay for a week using HomeAway Vacation Rentals.  I have used this website to rent a vacation house in the past before and never had a problem.  The quotes I was receiving ranged from $400 to $900, which is not excessive, considering this is for six people.  However, while at work, I was discussing my plans with a colleague; who promptly offered their timeshare!  We found a great resort with amenities that will make our vacation so much fun and exciting.  The children will have plenty to do and I will be able to sit by a pool and actually take a vacation.  Oh and the best part it is only $200 for the entire week and the place is absolutely wonderful.  I cannot believe that I was blessed to be offered this wonderful gift. I am thinking since my colleague is having twins soon that I want to purchase a nice gift for the family....any thoughts?  So my hubby and I are planning to save most of my part-time job income and just pay for tickets to a couple of theme parks every month until we go.  I am just excited to go on a vacation and spend time with my family!

I actually was able to pull an extra shift last night, came came home with $60.00 and I have work Saturday and Sunday night as well, I am hoping that the rest of the weekend will pull an additional $100.  I do not aim high for this place; many will ask if it's worth the time spent away from my family.  I almost want to say no, but this place accommodates my hours and they do not mess with my schedule, it's set and I always have the Sat and Sun night shift.  

Well now I am off to rummage through my pantry and freezer to make the Dinner for Six plan and then off to my favorite store Aldi for groceries for the week! 

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund