Thursday, February 14, 2013
40 Day Challenge
It's been about 10 days since my last post. I have been working on a new budget for only the next two months, I am really taking baby-steps.
Yesterday the Season of Lent begins, traditionally when I was growing up, we gave something up, like a hobby or a favorite food. This year, I am giving myself a 40 day challenge to keep track of what I spend daily. This challenge is much more difficult than giving up chocolate!! I have a small notebook. which is something that I bought a month ago to write in my spending. I am hoping by doing this, I will be able to really consider whether or not I should make the purchase. I also have a non-financial 40 day challenge of throwing one bag of stuff away in the vanity/office space.
I also have other small challenges during the next 40 days, for instance complete my crochet scarf project, read one book, keep track of the foods I eat, spend more time with the family, and increase my exercise schedule.
I have also been performing mystery shops, I performed 5 in January and 8 so far in February, I have one more to do this week. I probably am maxed out with the mystery shops for the rest of the month and will wait until March to pick up at least 5 or 6 assignments.
My hours have been cut down at the diner, however the other hostess is going to Moscow for vacation in March and the owner asked if I could fill in for her. So that means for three weekends I will be able to earn extra money. With that being said, I really do not want to start working Wednesdays and Thursday when it picks up in the summer months; kind of just want to be home and enjoy my family. Guess I shall see what happens in the coming, in the meantime I think I will just focus on the now.
Things are a bit eerie at work, a woman was laid off last Friday due to budget cuts. It seems that the March sequestration is looming and shall see if there is another round of lay-offs. Until then I am not going to worry about; I have a back-up plan I receive my "pink" notice regarding where I will go and work.
In the mean time I am going to enjoy this Valentine's Day by having dinner at my mother-in-law's tonight. On a side note, I decided not to purchase candy for the kids, instead I bought them books that I know they will enjoy to read. I even bought my hubby a nice little poem book expression how I feel about our marriage..
As a spending update...I spent $5.06 for coffee and breakfast burrito. I can't wait to go home and get rid of one plastic grocery bag of stuff!!
Financial Slacker Chic out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment