Bills that need catching up!!!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Starting Over


It is what it states, I am Starting Over.  It’s been well over a year since my last post and lot has happened in my life.  In the past six months I have separated from my husband and attempted to anew.  Well guess what that didn't work out as planned! In February I moved into a very nice condo with the financial assistance of my mother and in August I had to move out.  I only lived there for 6 ½ months because the owner of the condo went into foreclosure.  I was made aware of this in July and was given a choice to move in the middle of August or September with financial assistance.  Obviously I choose August because that gave me more money to find a new place.  I did find a new place, a basement apartment one town over from where I was living.  It is much smaller place but the $1130 rent includes all utilities and cable/internet.  I am hoping to save at least 25% of my salary as well once I am settled and I have a real budget established for myself. 

I just realized that the last time I wrote I was still working at my old job.  In May of 2013 I was laid off along with most of the personnel in my department.  That was an eye opener for me to feel that disposable to a company was a bit alarming.  What did I do during the year I was officially unemployed?  I collected unemployment until January 2014, and then I should have been transferred to the Emergency Unemployment Compensation after my 26 weeks of being on the state unemployment.  That was not the case; instead I did not get anything because the Federal Funded program expired and the Congress did not extend it and has not passed any further extensions to date.  I will be honest and state that I was a bit peeved.  I have worked for over 20 years and never was on unemployment and the minute I need it, it is not available.  However, I just “volunteered” at the diner for 50 hours a week and did not find a full-time job until May of this year.  The new job is okay, nothing to be passionate about, but it’s a job that is only 10K less that my old job and the benefits are very good so I am not in a position to complain.

Yesterday I picked up the keys to my new home and a clean slate.  I don’t have much in furniture, and what I do need to purchase should not break me at all.  My expenses are pretty low and I know I will be able to make a dent in paying back all my credit cards, bills and loans from my mother.  Once I am back on track, I plan on speeding up paying off my car loan.  There is so much to tell, but I rather put details in it than have a sum up of my financial life.


Until Next Time….Financial Slacker Chic out…

No comments:

Emergency Fund