Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Just another week

            Just another week, trying to not spend money but I know when I get paid this weekend I already have a budget set up for that pay check. 

$393.00                       House Bills
$600.00                       New Bed
$410.00                       TV
$200.00                       Housewares
$1,603.00                    Total

Not too bad, leaves with about $600.00 for the next two weeks.  I probably will spend about $150.00 in groceries and about $50.00 for my own personal spending money.  I know it seems like I am spending a lot of money on my new place, but I don’t have a bed or a TV and I want to make my new place as comfortable as possible.  There is a dining area, but I am using it for a study/sitting room and going to Ikea is cost effective as I can purchase a nice work space.  On another note, I am going to implement the envelope method for the rest of the year and see how it works out for me.

So after I lost my job last May, it took me almost a year to find new employment.  This new job is okay; honestly it’s very boring compared to the last job I hard.  However the benefits are very good, my healthcare cost are very low, I have a 401k and some type of other retirement fund that the company puts in for me every pay day.  I have only been with this place for about 20 weeks I already have close to $2,000.00 in retirement savings.  So I need to make the most of this place and grin and bear the boring aspect of the job. 



Financial Slacker Chic out….

No comments:

Emergency Fund