Bills that need catching up!!!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My Exciting News

So the exciting news I have is that I received a job offer and accepted it on Monday!  I am receiving a nice increase in salary, comparable benefits and most of all opportunity for advancement.  My last day is next Friday and I will receive three weeks of pay along with over 40 hours of vacation time.  I am going to pay the bills that are due in the beginning of August with this check because my first full pay check will not be until August 7.  I will receive a smaller check on July 22, but I have no clue how to they will calculate, I am thinking it will be for 4 days.  I will have to become accustomed to the pay schedule; this company pays twice a month, where as I was getting a pay check every other week.  I seriously am looking at my finances again and figure out that I can dump a minimum of $500 into savings every month and $500 towards my debt.  I am estimating that I can pay all the debt off except for the car by the end of this year or even sooner.  We shall see what happens over the rest of the year.

Financial Slacker Chic out...

1 comment:

jpkittie said...

congrats on the great news!!!

Emergency Fund