I saw this picture and I though yes, this is exactly how I am currently living my life....day by day. Yesterday was not such a good day, my teenage daughter decided that she is unable to live with us as we are suffocating her. Since this is the third time she has decided that she wants to leave, I have given her full reign to leave and not to come back. I know most people may find this heartless and judge me as being a horrible parent, but I have three other children to think of as well as a husband and myself. I do not know what will happen in future, but I do know that next week I will be boxing up all her belongings and putting them in storage in the basement. I will then move the tween into that empty bedroom and move on with my life. I truly am taking it day by day.
On a brighter side, I made a nice taco chicken over thinly sliced potatoes baked in the over and oh did it taste wonderful! The best part was that everyone in the house really enjoyed them, the sad part is that this is one of my daughter's favorite meal and I hadn't made it in almost four years. Tonight I am making spiced rub pork chops with baked potatoes (made in the crock-pot) I am going to slow cook the pork in the oven for about 3 hours at 300 so I am hoping this dinner comes out great too. Tomorrow will be leftover night; my biggest pet peeve is wasting food, I just hate doing that! I am starting to enjoy my life again even though it is hectic with the two jobs, I do find that cooking and feeding my family healthy meals really soothes my soul and gives me a sense of accomplishment!
On the LAZY side, I did not accomplish the first step of my de-clutter mission yesterday :(. Yeah I could blame the situation with my daughter, but truthfully I was feeling quite lazy! No matter what happens today, I will be folding my laundry and getting that step done. I really need some yoga time, but my bedroom (yes I am going to stop saying vanity/office, lets face its MY BEDROOM) does not have space on the floor for my yoga practice. Another task that needs to be done is the "wonderful" puppy got into the outside trash and that needs to be cleaned up, luckily it's trash night, so that can go to the curb tonight. Will Chores ever be done????? Apparently NOT!!!!
Well I must be off I need to make some lunch and get some work done today. Speaking of lunch I found this interesting take on a vegetarian version of "Chicken of the Sea" using chickpeas. While I am not a vegetarian, I do like to eat light and healthy. So click on the link and tell me what you think!
Financial Slacker Chic out...




No comments:
Post a Comment