Bills that need catching up!!!

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Leftovers....oh my!

So I had a lot of taco meat left over last week and since I do not like wasting food, I stored in the freezer.  Then this morning me and the kids were talking about leftovers and the idea of a Taco Pizza came to mind.  

I used crescent rolls as the base, and after rolling it out and pinching the seams together, I baked in the oven for 10 minutes. While I was doing that, I mixed up 1/3 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup of canned re-fried beans.   When the crust was mostly cooked, I took out of the oven, let it cool for a minute or two, then individually spread out the salsa-bean mixture, then ground taco meat, then a mix of mozzarella and taco blend cheese, put it back in the oven for about 5-7 more minutes.  I was happily surprised that it turned out a lot better than expected and the kids really enjoyed the after school meal.  



On a different topic, I decided that since I need to play my part in the saving money issues and paying off actual bills, that I will only go and get a manicure once a month. I did my nails today for St. Patrick's Day and I used the sponge technique using items I had around the house, to include finding an unused kids paint sponge.  I think they came out pretty nice, hopefully they will last through the weekend, if not, I will just redo them.

Heading out now, me and the hubby have a child free date tonight and I am looking forward to it!

Financial Slacker Chic out...


No comments:

Emergency Fund