Bills that need catching up!!!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bit of an Accomplishment

Yesterday did not start of good, but when I came home and started to tackle the cleaning around my apartment, I actually started to feel better.  I was amazed on how much I was able to accomplish by breaking down each area into smaller sections and working on them little by little.  I even made myself a nice Thai Coconut Curry Soup with chicken and it was so good.  I stopped my de-cluttering and cleaning around 8, took a shower and relaxed before drifting off to bed.  It was nice to wake up to a semi-de-cluttered living room and cleaner kitchen this morning.  Tonight is my dinner with my daughter and I will be making Penne Vodka with chicken.  However, when I get home, I will put the clean dishes away, sweep the kitchen, tidy the living room up and vacuum the living room.  I am going to make Lemon Meringue Muffins, my munchkin always likes having a dessert and plus they look delicious!  I look forward to my Thursday dinner nights; I cook a very nice meal and dessert, who wouldn’t want that?

My bedroom is slowly but surely coming along.  Since my daughter and her friend love to organize, I am going to have them organize my closet and rid of clothes that I do not wear because they are too big or I just don’t appreciate them.  That will help free up more room for the other three baskets of clothes I have to deal with.  Plus I figure I can make some extra cash by selling some of the jeans and work clothes that are in good condition.  I figure $5 per jeans and dress pants and $8 per suit is a good price.  I was able to put most of the clothes I wear now away in my dresser last night, so I had such a feeling of accomplishment! 

The organizing and de-cluttering of my apartment has been therapeutic for me, I have a ways to go, but at least I feel I am accomplishing a task and it is a satisfying feeling. 


Financial Slacker Chic…..

No comments:

Emergency Fund