Bills that need catching up!!!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Busy Bee!


I’d say it has been a while since my last post, but I have been a busy bee!  The last update was about my confidence level being shot .  Since then, I started to think about things and the current situation.  First, my job really is not that bad; I just was lucky to have a very good commute for the last 14 years and worked with very good companies.  I have come to realize that the current job I am in will benefit me financially if I stick it out for at least the next 2 ½ years.   I am feeling better about the position, myself and will make more of an effort to educate myself since nobody else will.  There will always be days where one is frustrated, but one cannot let that frustration affect inner happiness. 

The last couple of weeks I have been de-cluttering and cleaning out my apartment!  The living room looks great, my bedroom is almost done, I just need to clean out the drawer unit my little TV is on.  Here are some before and after pictures of the bedroom.  
Room Before

Closet Before

 Bedroom After:

 Closet After












The last area to be cleaned is my study/craft area.  There are about 10 boxes/totes that need to be cleaned out.  I also need to speak to my landlord about having one area in her cluttered furnace room where I can store three totes.  I mentioned something before about it, and she is like well you have a closet next to the front door.  Guess what, that closet has all my jackets in it and the window air conditioner.  I will have to bribe her with some goodies to get a small space to stack up three totes. Or I will just store them right beside the laundry room, I really don't care I do not want them in my apartment.


As you can see this is a very cluttered area, but since I have taken this picture, the couch has been cleaned off.  I am hope once this freezing wet winter is over, the couch will be gone.  I figure selling it for $40 or $50 will be nice.  I cannot wait till this area is cleaned up and I am able to set up my office space and my crafting center!  And seriously who needs four laundry baskets??  I already have three white baskets in the bedroom as well as a nice wicker one.  Time for most of them to be out the door!

I also started a one-year goal chart and created a mini-project chart.  Breaking chores down to their basics makes my life easier and I tend to get more things done!   The key is to figure out what works for you.  Reading about de-cluttering and organizing helps, but I've learned that you have to figure out your own system.  

2015 Goals
So pretty much this what I have been focusing on, organizing my life one room, one project at a time.  I am really enjoying living by myself for the first time and I am enjoying making this apartment my personal oasis.  

Oh yeah, I take walks around the neighborhood and notice a lot of dogs, so I am going to start a Dog Walking Service.  Not right away of course, my apartment needs to bee in tip-top shape, but I do love animals, can not have any at this place, so this will be the next best thing!  

Well you all know what I will be doing this weekend!!

Financial Slacker Chic out....



No comments:

Emergency Fund