Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Financial Calmness

I feel very calm financially, I had that mini storm a couple of weekends ago and I learned I could go an entire weekend without shopping for non-essential items. This past weekend me and my beau decided to take the kids bowling, had a coupon for two hours of bowling, shoes, pizza and a pitcher of soda for $40, that is a good deal in this area. I also spent $20 at Marshals picking up White Balsamic Vinegar, Thai Peanut Sauce and my favorite herbal mixture. I know that is much for those items, but in the end its really worth the expense. I also had a coupon for a free pedicure, so I treated myself to pedicure and a manicure, spent $17 for manicure and tip. Finally I spent $4.81 at the post office, mailing out books to two paperbackswap members. I could have spent less this past weekend, but it just shows how easily one can spend $100 in two days. On the other hand, I have been diligently making my own breakfast and lunch; I probably save about $10 a day by doing that. I did meet up with a girlfriend of mine last Friday and spent $15 on lunch and it was not even that good. It was cool to hang with my friend that I had not seen in over a year.

Yesterday was the Lunar New Year, we ushered in the Year of the Ox. To celebrate this day I made a feast of Baked Salmon, Shrimp Fried Rice and Pot Stickers. I gave my daughter $10 and a new game for her DS to in honor our Asian background. As for the rest of the week, we will be having same old for dinner:
Mon - Asian Feast
Tues - Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken wrapped with bacon, twice baked potatoes and green beans.
Wed - Sloppy Joe's, salad and tater tots
Thur - Jambalaya
Fri - Pizza
Sat - Lasagna
Sun - In honor of Superbowl XLIII, subs, chips, etc..!!!

I started up a grocery list for Friday so I have an idea what I will be spending along with what coupons I will be needing. When I get home later I will finish laundry while making dinner and then around 7:30 head for the gym. After the gym I'd like to take a inventory of my freezer to give me an idea of dinners are ahead for the next week or if I need to actually pick up some meat. Lots to today CYA L8R!

1 comment:

jpkittie said...

good for you - that isn't so bad for spending - you have to treat yourself little by little too or else you really go out & spend like a mad woman!!! We dont' want that to happen!

Emergency Fund