Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Menu Planning 2009

I have to admit, I do enjoying going out to eat or have takeout for dinner and its not because I don't like to cook. The main reason is so I do not have to dishes! I used to find myself rationalizing that it took too much time out of my busy schedule, when in reality a good meal can be whipped up in thirty minutes. I encourage all you out there to get in the kitchen and try making a few simply meals. Start out with something simple such as Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce,Steak and Potatoes, even Fettuccine Alfredo can be quick and delicious. I do not cook totally from scratch, I use the canned Alfredo sauce to make a quick carbonara using bacon and peas. I also will use the scalloped potato mixes and cook them up in the oven for that homemade taste. I take a monthly inventory of my pantry and freezer to see what I have in stock. This is so I can plan my meals around what I already have and so I do not buy a duplicate pantry item!

This week's dinner is as follows:
Sun - Dinner with BF parents
Mon - Leftovers or cereal
Tue - Steak, sweet potato fries, broccoli-yellow pepper saute
Wed - Make mini pizzas
Thur - Pork cutlet Parmesan, pasta, green salad
Fri - Dining out with BF
Sat - General Tso's Chicken, Fried Rice, Stir Fry Veggies

For Lunch this week:
Sun - Sandwich at home
Mon - Lean Cuisine
Tue - Leftover fish and rice
Wed - Leftover steak and sweet potatoes
Thur - Soup and sandwich
Fri - Leftover pork with veggies
Sat - Soup and Sandwich

Meal planning is one sure fire way to save you cash in the long run!

No comments:

Emergency Fund