Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, September 22, 2008

New Week


Pretty quiet weekend, I did spend $7.58 on Burger King for dinner on Friday night; I wish I hadn't because it was not worth it. I also took out $20 to cover this weeks expenses to include the tip for for my mani-pedi on Saturday. By the way I had a glorious 1 hour of pampering all to myself. I did take a trip to my campus library and was able to get a copy of the CD I needed for my class. I also did a very brief menu for the week, my daughter just told me what she would like to have for dinner. I intended to go to the grocery store to pick up milk, bread, & eggs, but my wonderful honey did that for me. In total I spent under $20 for the weekend. The company I work for has made it possible for you to go in and update your direct deposit reallocations. So today I added my savings account and an additional checking account. For now I am electing to only put in $25 a pay period per account. I will gradually increase it as the months go by, but for now these are amounts that I probably will not even notice. I also. I have decided to use the savings account as my emergency fund, as it does get almost 5% APY and the extra checking will just be for miscellaneous items, such as my daughter's school and sports activities. I hardly use these accounts so I think the savings will add up quickly. I also decided to stop contributing to my company's 401K for the time being, I already contribute to the employee stock buying program, but I have decided that for the next six months, my debt repayment of the credit cards is my first priority and I will need to free as much cash up as possible. Others may see this a mistake, but this is a short-term and in long-run I will be able to contribute more to a 401K or I may even forgo investing in the company's 401K and just contribute to a mutual fund.

On a different note, I mentioned that I am also working on decluttering my home; well come to find out FlyLady is having a Zone Super Fling Boogie. Every week until the end of October the mission is to declutter each zone. So I have decided to participate in this "program" in conjunction with Cindy's Porch's monthly Goals. I am looking forward to a more organized and relaxed home to come home too!

No comments:

Emergency Fund