Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, February 09, 2009

This Weeks Plan

This week I will file my federal and state taxes electronically, (actually I completed the task this morning). I filed my federal taxes for free through H&R Block and my state taxes free thru the state Webfile. I am not receiving as much as I normally do for my federal mainly because I claim more allowance on my W-4 form. I feel that I rather have my money in my paycheck every week instead of allowing the government to have an interest-free loan. Of course the fact that I basically doubled my income when I started my new position in 2007 could be a reason too :-D. If I did not have my child I would owe taxes! I am elected to have my refund electronically deposited into two different bank accounts and then I will transfer$500 to my Citibank account for my EF, $245 will stay in the SOV account for incidentals and the other 250 will going towards paying off CC debt. I am receiving more than usual for state, because I am not claiming enough withholding on my W-4 form. All of the refund will be deposited electronically in the BofA account. $500 is commited to my furniture fund and the rest towards medical bills. I am pleased with my decisions regarding the refunds.

Dinner looks like this
Mon - Fish sticks, mac-n-cheese and carrots
Tues - Baked Chicken, rice, salad
Wed - Fish, rice, veggie stir fry
Thus - Turkey, potatoes, veggies
Fri - Left overs
Sat - Spaghetti and meatsauce

I did forget to buy milk this week, so I will stop by the store today and pick it up. After that trip I do not need anything else from the grocery store. Again breakfast and lunch will be provided by my pantry, so no need for money to be spent there! I am going to the gym right after work today, plan on Tues and Thurs for gym days as well. I will also read the rest of my school assignments tonight and post those assignments on Tuesday. I have been slacking lately and I hate to waste money I spent on this class and books! Spoke to my dad over the weekend, he wants to visit in the beginning of August. So one of my new goals is to transform the extra bedroom upstairs from storage room to a nice guest room, hence my new furniture fund. Loads to do this week!

1 comment:

jpkittie said...

nice! I bet you can't wait to get that $ deposited!

Emergency Fund