I can't believe its Tuesday already, seems that time is just skirting by! This weeks menu was completed on Sunday as planned. I did not get to complete my entire food inventory over the weekend, but plan on finishing up during the week. Meal plans for the week
Mon - Baked Turkey Legs, Uncle Ben's Rice
Tues - crab cakes, fish, teriyaki noodles and stir fry veggies
Wed -Hamburger helper
Thus - Beef stir fry,rice, veggies
Fri - Left overs
Sat - chicken enchiladas, re-fried beans, yellow rice
Instead of $400 saved I have saved $550 in my EF, so I am now more than halfway towards my goal. I set up a reoccurring transfer between my BOFA and CITI accounts that way I can save automatically each month. I originally direct deposited a small amount from my paycheck in my CITI account, but for some reason the bank sent data that this was a checking account and you are only allowed two checking accounts and two savings accounts; thus the CITI account was deleted from my payroll info. I did not spend over my $50 budget for food this week and will continue with this trend until all the meat from my freezer has been consumed. Once that happens, I will budget $150 for meats and tuna at the local warehouse store. The items in the freezer will last until April so I will put some money aside starting in March. I am also going to try to have more no spending days going forward and yesterday was the first. I know today is not going to be one of those days though, my daughter needs a few items from the store today so I will pick those up after I go to the gym. The rest of the week will be filled with studying, decluttering and just keeping my spending in check.


1 comment:
mmmm crab cakes sound yummy. I wish my kids were not alergic to shellfish!
Post a Comment