Bills that need catching up!!!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Don't Look Back!


When I saw this photo at PostSecrets, I could not help to think how it really spoke to me! About a month ago I broke off my relationship with my boyfriend of 2.5 yrs (I met him online). Since then I have been happy and pretty much stress free! I am now able to focus on my daughter, career and education without any guilt. I can be selfish without any guilt and I can make plans for me and my daughter without any guilt.

In the last 12.5 years, I have been in three different long term relationship. The one think my ex did say to me that really struck me odd - no wonder you have been single for this long. At first that comment bothered me, but the more I thought about, the more he was sadly mistaken. Before he and I dated, I was in a relationship for 7.5 years and prior to that 2.5. years. I think he referred to the fact that I have yet to be married. I suppose in his eyes, one has to experience marriage in order to understand what its like to be in a "real" relationship. I do not condone marriage at all, as a matter of fact I believe it is a sacred union and should never be taken lightly. With marriage comes great responsibility, respect, love and understanding between the couple.


I never have regretted any of the relationships; with each relationship I have learned more about myself and what I want out of life. For now, I do not have any dating plans, I 'd like to take a break and just be me. Never let anybody put you down because you have been "single" for this long, being single is an empowering feeling! I will leave with a quote form Eleanor Roosevelt "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". Make that your mantra for the day and see how much it makes a difference!

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

THAT IS SO TRUE :)

He just said that to make you feel bad. Honestly, you don't have to be married to experience a real relationship.

It's when the kids come, that it's a real test of your bond. It's easy to just be 2 people but when you have to be on board for the sake of the kids... it's a different story.

Added you to my reader so I can follow you :D

Emergency Fund