Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Worse Date Ever!


Met a man last week who seem "normal" meaning he had a job, a home and seemingly no personal issues. We plan on a date Sat for an early evening dinner and I meet him at his place around 4PM. The first thing I notice was he is in a pair of tore up jeans and a ragged t-shirt, I am wearing a pair of nice beige colored Bermuda shorts with brown sandals and a light maroon colored top, its elegant but casual. He then offers me is a glass of homemade sangria, which I declined as I didn't eat too much all day and I do have to drive home later. Then he asks if its okay we wait a bit as he is still waiting for a couch to be delivered, no biggie as I am being entertained by the young couple who lives next door to him. About and hour goes by and the couch is finally delivered so he calls a cab and we and the couple all go out to dinner. Oh yeah, during this hour he drank two large wine glasses of sangria and a beer. So we are at one of the local bar and ate appetizers and sushi and I am chatting it up with mostly the woman (P) and her husband (I), while my "date" proceeds to get totally wasted. About and hour and half later, P excuses her self to the restroom and my date sits next to me where he dumped his entire full mojito on my lap. This is the point of the night where I start to become a bit perturbed. Oh yeah I forget to mention as he was eating the appetizer he also uses my arm as a napkin for his hands. Well P sees this and states the we should go and get something eat. We go next door to this little Mexican place and I watched his drunk a$$ eat like a pig; now I am really grossed out by his behavior. Finally dinner is completed and he is whining that he wants to go home so we walk down the boardwalk to head back to his place and all I can think of is getting back to my car and going home! Well it is never that easy, he spotted another bar that he loves so we stop in and I excuse myself to the restroom. I came back and was standing next to him where he told me that I should "live a little". I turned to P & I and told them is was nice meeting them and that I was leaving, then turned my date and said it was nice meeting him, but I was out of there!. I walked up to the hostess and asked her to call a cab so I could go home. The only good thing that happened Sat. night was meeting a very nice couple, other than that it was, without a doubt the Worse Date Ever!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund