Figuring out a budget can be tricky at times! Forecasting the ongoing bills is simply, but trying to factor in everyday life is annoying. I am still figuring out how to fund my emergency fund (EF). Last month I sent in an extra car payment so that means I will not have to send in another until March; this gives me an extra $300 to apply it somewhere. Where do I apply it to? Do I go ahead an send in another car payment in February? Do I fund my much needed EF fund? or Do I pay one CC off and apply the rest on another card? Over thinking does not help so I just made decision. I will pay off the one CC in full ($91), $100 towards the car, $109 towards my EF. Wow that was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Well now I am off to budget the rest of February, so far looks like I can pay another CC in full as well as a doctor's bill.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Extra $300 what to do?
Figuring out a budget can be tricky at times! Forecasting the ongoing bills is simply, but trying to factor in everyday life is annoying. I am still figuring out how to fund my emergency fund (EF). Last month I sent in an extra car payment so that means I will not have to send in another until March; this gives me an extra $300 to apply it somewhere. Where do I apply it to? Do I go ahead an send in another car payment in February? Do I fund my much needed EF fund? or Do I pay one CC off and apply the rest on another card? Over thinking does not help so I just made decision. I will pay off the one CC in full ($91), $100 towards the car, $109 towards my EF. Wow that was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Well now I am off to budget the rest of February, so far looks like I can pay another CC in full as well as a doctor's bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
good for you - that sounds like a great idea :)
Glad to see someone is crunching February numbers just like me! I have to sit down today and catch up on February's budget! Hopefully doing better than January! Nice to "meet" you!
DEBTJOURNEY
Post a Comment