Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to Basics


I am going back to the drawing board, so to speak.  In my last post, I am sure some of you asked, does she want some cheese with all that whine....  I do not, but I do like cheese :-D!

I have a To Do list for the rest of the week:
Finish organizing my personal office/closet room
Figure out what really needs to be paid ASAP
Bills - Pay what  we can afford
Review the current budget
Freezer/Pantry Inventory
Review upcoming expenses i.e. school pics, doc appointments.
Speak gently with hubby regarding new budget and expenses.
Exercise 2x this week.
Write on this blog

(My week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday in case anyone was wondering.) 

I really want to focus on not making any more major grocery purchases for the rest of the month, I know that I will have to buy the staples and for us that means Milk, juice, eggs, bread, fruits/veggies and snacks, but we are going to be eating out of the freezer/pantry for the next three weeks!  i want to really try and stick to $150.00 for the rest of the month in the grocery department.

Here is the menu for this week:
Mon - Beef & Broccoli over rice
Tues - Tacos
Wed - London Broil (hubby makes dinner)
Thurs - Crockpot Italian Chicken (hubby makes dinner)
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday -Hamburgers (hubby makes dinner)
Sunday - Dinner at mother-in-law

Lunch - Well the two teens and 1st grader buy their lunches and the 5th grader bring lunch.  It is an expense, but its worth it for the time saving factor.  I do bring my breakfast and lunch faithfully; breakfast mainly consist of egg whites with a veggie and 1/2 of thin bagel and cream cheese.  Normally I usually have a piece of fruit and/or yogurt as a snack. 

Here is my lunch menu for this week:
Mon - Kale and Mango Salad
Tues -Homemade chicken salad over kale and mango salad
Wed - Leftover beef and broccoli (if it's still in the fridge Wed. AM)
Thurs - Left over Tacos probably over kale and mango salad
Friday - Play on kimbap, only made with canned tuna, whatever veggies I have and rice
Saturday -whatever leftovers
Sunday - whatever leftovers

I made meatloaf over the weekend and will be sticking the leftovers in the freezer, I am thinking if I crumble it up, it will be a nice addition to either baked ziti or lasagna!

I do hope the rest of the week goes well I am basically working from 8am till 10pm Wed. and Thurs. but I also get a free meal there.  

I have two mystery shop pay checks to deposit and cannot wait for a yoga session tonight!  I definitely will be going on Friday to a FREE class and I cannot wait for that!!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

 

No comments:

Emergency Fund