Bills that need catching up!!!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vision into Reality!

One of my personal "issues" is the fact that I've been visualizing my office/vanity room for so long now, but not doing anything to make the room come together and to be honest I have been totally agitated about it.  So after I returned from vacation I decided to do something about it, but I first had to lay out my plan.  I have been reading Gail Vaz-Oxlade's "Debt-Free Forever"  and she talks about making a money plan, so I just applied this idea to my very budgeted room makeover.   So I came up with the following steps:

1.  Assess the potential of the room.- Done
2.  Decide what I really want from the room.- Done
3.  Decide what I need to make the room come together - Done
4.  Make a list of those needed items - Done
5.  Make a diagram of the room - I used Ashley Furniture Design Space Planner
6.  Create a realistic timeline - I gave myself one month, but hoping I can pull it off in three weeks!
7.  Begin turning the vision into reality! - Done

So yes I have started this project, yesterday I wrote about picking up a file cabinet from Craigslist and it did happen.  The filing cabinet is perfect for the space, clean and is from a smoke free room and was only $20.00 - here is a picture!

I also need to pick up the beveled mirror and attachment pieces ($20) and a Under Cabinet LED Light ($30) this maybe done over the weekend, probably the mirror first, then the lights.  I also want to price for a new rug, but this is on the low priority list and I am not including this item in my four week completion time.  One of the more expensive item I will purchase is a TV for the room. I have a $100.00 Best Buy Gift Card, so I am hoping not to spend more than $60.00 of my own money to purchase a TV just for me. Yes I did say just for me!! With my birthday right around the corner, my mom usually sends me a little cash just to spend on me!  So I have my eyes set on a Samsung 19" LED TV, yes it's small, but I do not need anything extravagant!  One last item I will be purchasing is a cork board for hubby.  When I moved in two years ago that room originally was his office/closet room, but he gave it so I could have a space of my own.  Since he has some of his treasured pictures and kids' projects I am removing them from the room, but I will create a nice cork board for him to put up in our bedroom.  This purchase is less than $10, so I shall sacrifice that amount for his well being.

My total budget no including the rug will be $160.00 for the makeover, which takes in consideration of the gift card. I am going to do my best to stay with in my budget, I just can't wait to get it completed!!!

Financial Slacker Chic out...


No comments:

Emergency Fund