Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Almost Summer's End...

It's hard to believe that the summer of 2012 is coming to an end next week!  Why did Summer end so quickly?  I know why, it's because I work no less than 60 hours a week!

My last post was in May, I know I have been slacking tremendously with my posts; however my husband also lost his job and we have been struggling even more since then.  I started a new part-time job as a hostess/cashier in a different diner. I now work 2 nights during the week and Saturday nights; at least I have Sunday's off now.  I do not ever believe that my DH and I will ever see eye-to-eye on our finances. I honestly feel as though we are drowning financially and I do not see a life preserver in site! I have pleaded and explained to him the extend of our situation and back in July it almost seemed he understood.  I requested that we cancel our vacation down to Florida, but would not even hear any of my financial justifications. I even took a hardship withdrawal out of my 401k account which I had before I met him and stopped contributing to before we were married to cover the mortgage.  Guess what?  It didn't matter, we are still in the same boat; that money along with his $1000K loan from a friend was used for the vacation. 

As of today this is what is behind:

Mortgage - 2 payments
Both Cars - 1 payment each
Electricity - 1 payment (yup all that effort I made to get us on a budget is gone!)
Cellphone - 1 payment
Sewage - 1 payment

I tried to enjoy "our" vacation, but all I could think of is that there will be consequences when we get back.  I want to try to go on a purchase freeze for the next four weeks and only spend money on groceries.  I am waiting to o see whether or not I receive a promotion (possible 10%/250.00 more per pay check) or no promotion and the standard 3.5% raise (100.00 more per pay check), either way it is more income.  I am hoping to finalize this before Sept. 14th as that is the last day to cash out vacation time.  Yup, I will be cashing out about 32 hours of vacation and use the money to pay the bills with.  Who needs vacation time anyways, apparently not me!

Yes I am a bit whiny today that is pretty much why I have not consistently posted for the last three months.  

However, I realized that maybe if I write about all my financial issues, It will clear my mind and think of other ways that will benefit my family!

Financial Slacker Chic out...



No comments:

Emergency Fund