Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Worth Taking a Look At!

 I enjoy reading the blog "My 1/2 Dozen Daily" this woman really inspires me to be more frugal and aware of my life.  Right now she is hosting a Double Challenge for the month of February.  To sum it up, it's one decluttering challenge per week and a Low (no) Spend  Challenge.  What I like about is you chose one personal financial goal for the month and one room per week that you wish to declutter in your home.  My personal financial February Goal is to have the Mortgage payments up to date!  I have also been really keeping track of almost every dollar we spending using a new excel spreadsheet; I even allocated money for each category.  This part is hard, but it's worth the effort!

My declutter challenges per week are as follows

Week 1 - Girls Room - CHECK
Week 2 - Living Room - Almost completed
Week 3 - Dining Room
Week 4 - Bathroom and hallway closet/table

With the girls' room, I had them help me clean and declutter their toys and clothes and they really did a great job, however I still have two bags of clothes that need to be donated sitting in their room.  (Shame on me)  The rest of the room, I've been working on them 15-20 minutes a day!

So  if you have a few minutes, check out Carla's blog and maybe she will inspire you too!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund