I work up this morning feeling pretty tired today even though I had the day off yesterday from both jobs. I guess it was the excitement of the GIANTS WINNING SUPERBOWL XLVI!! Saturday was a good night at the Diner, but Sunday was pretty dead, over all I came home with $90 so I was able to reach my goal of $70 for the weekend. However we had some unexpected expenses this weekend. We needed an additional $31.25 for a child's activity (my husband "forgot" to tell me) which my tips made up for, thankfully. Then I forgot to factor in the gas cost for the trip to NY yesterday, that was and additional $150 luckily my husband is making side cash so we will be able to make that up with $50 leftover for food next week. I was able to "meet" our horse yesterday she is very calm and beautiful, of course I forgot to take a picture, I will next time and share the newest member of our family! Tonight should be a low key night, I am going to the gym for a good workout and then coming home to make dinner. I thought that I took out some beef tips, but its was ground beef so tonight will be a hamburger night. I will need to stop by the dollar store to pick up buns and since I am out of fruit so stopping by the Farmer's Market too. I only have $10 left so I will try not to spend no more than $6.00 today, I know big goals lol. So far this week my menu has changed, we had a ton of leftovers from Sunday! Plain pasta salad, BBQ drummettes, tequila lime wings, buffalo chicken bites, buffalo chicken dip and chips. Last night we had some of the pasta, drummettes and wings. I took the leftover pasta added some tuna and a bit of mayo and made tuna salad and that is something my hubby and daughter can eat as a snack since they get home by 2:30 and are "starving". There still is some chicken left, so I am going to shred it all and add it to the dip and make calzones out of it and then freeze then for the teens. They love having snack foods they can heat and eat! I also used some of that frozen chicken breast from Aldi's last night. I poached the chicken so I could make chicken salad and actually it was very good! For $5.99 a package which has about 9 pieces, you cannot beat that price. My husband prefers the thin cutlets, but I am going to start buying those from now one and save some additional money and just pound them out then. Wednesday we will have the pulled sandwiches, Thursday will be soup, Friday will be Pizza, Saturday I will have chicken out so my husband can cook for himself and Sunday will be soup again.
Last week I had an epiphany regarding dinner when there is six of us...I am ONLY making dinners that they all like. I cannot stand when I make dinner and they don't eat it, so pretty much my dinner menu for when its six of us will consists of the following meals: Baked Macaroni, Chili, London Broil, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Chicken Cutlet and pretty much any chicken dinner not smothered, Shrimp scampi, and Pot Roast. I guess I just lucked out with my daughter, she will pretty much eat anything I make but she does not like hard-boiled eggs and something else but that is pretty much it. My husband, stepson and one of my stepdaughters are the pickiest eaters ever, it's very annoying. My other stepdaughter is not a fan of shrimp and will pretty much eat anything I give her. I like to experiment with new meals, but that can happen on the Dinner for 3 week. This makes my life a bit easier, I already have a plan for next week's menu and I will plan my grocery trip against that menu along with what we need for lunches. I know this week will be low-spend and it also will be a relaxing week!
Financial Slacker Chic out...
No comments:
Post a Comment