Bills that need catching up!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slow Week

It seems to be a slow week for me, and NO I am not complaining either!  Today I performed all three of mystery shops, they were pretty simple and I actually did not have to purchase anything!  So I will see some extra cash in a couple of months.  I also earned $3 for a survey today, that goes straight into the PayPal account and I save that money for my WW or rainy days.  However I did spend a total of 11.34 on fast food today, it does come out of my personal spending cash so it doesn't really count against our budget, but I kind of feel guilty about it.  Guess I am getting used to not eating out at all!

I have set a grocery goal this weekend of $40 and that is it!  I do not have to buy much, just a few items.  Tomorrow after work I am heading to Aldi for most of the items of the list.  I am also venturing into BJ's for one specific item, yes I can actually go into a warehouse club and purchase only one item.  I need to pick up deli cheese, it's only $3.49lb and I have a coupon for $1 off almost 1/2 the price of the grocery store, so worth it!!!  The store is not out of my way, in fact Aldi and BJ's are near my place of employment, whereas they are about 15 minutes away in opposite directions at home.  I will finish up the rest of my shopping list probably at Shoprite Friday late afternoon.  

I actually spoke to my boss the other day about working at home twice a week to save on gas money and she said it was okay.  I love working at home, I actually get more done and work longer when I am at home, but this will help save a little bit of money every month.  I will be so happy at the end of the week when I go to the bank and pay February's mortgage payment, that means that on March 9 when I make the next mortgage payment it will be on time!!!

The last event for the month is my DH's birthday, it's next Tuesday.  I have already arranged dinner at his mother's house and it will be low key and with his favorite dinner which doesn't really cut into our budget, maybe an extra $20.  I have this picture as an idea (from Wilton.com) for his birthday cake, and it probably will not look exactly like this, but I am going to do my best.
Over Christmas I bought my DH a gift, but it did not come in until after the holidays were over, so guess what it turned into a Birthday Present!  I just hope he likes the gift! 

That's about it for tonight, I must get to bed for I do have to go into work tomorrow!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund