Bills that need catching up!!!

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Wacky Wednesday!

Time for a much needed coffee break!  So I decided to work at home today and it seems that I do more work at home than when I'm in the office, probably because I am not constantly interrupted with people stopping by my desk or with phone calls!  Not to mention I am saving on gas this week.

So today was wacky because my email account was hacked into and I apparently sent SPAM to several email addresses around 10:45 AM to include this blog!  Luckily I caught it and quickly changed my account password that is a bit more complex than the last and I did delete the email entry for this blog. So sorry for the SPAM!!!

Yesterday I set a goal to not spend more than $6 but I ended up spending $10 in total!  I could not pass up the specials on the berries they were having at the farmer's market so my total came to $9 and then I spent the remaining $1 at the dollar store for hamburger buns.  However when I went downstairs to freezer to take out a veggie burger for myself, I saw that we had two, yes two packages of hamburger buns!  For some odd reason I thought we had two packages of hotdog rolls, but I was so wrong.  No biggie, I will use the hamburger rolls for my husband's chicken salad lunch sandwiches for the rest of the week.  I also have some leftover ground beef from the hamburgers last night so I am using that up tonight in minestrone soup instead of the pulled chicken sandwiches. 

So about 3 or 4 years ago I purchased the Keurig, this was before I met my husband and truth be told I love using it!  However with our current financial situation, I can no longer afford to buy the K-Cups for it.  I've been using a special basket to fill with coffee grounds for the past three months.  However, when both teenagers are home, they both want coffee and it gets very messy to empty out the individual cup and refill just so they can have coffee in the AM and in the PM.  I decided that I am going to buy a regular coffee maker and use that to make coffee instead.  I still buy the flavored coffee creamers, they are always on sale and always with coupons, so in the long run, I will be saving money and the fight over who gets to brew their coffee first!  Sometimes a small purchase like that will save some hardship, especially with two teenagers!  I hope not to spend no more than $40 on the coffee maker, coffee and coffee filters.  I know it wasn't really factored in the budget, but neither was the other kid activity and the additional gas we spent on Monday.  

It's all good, my main object this week is to pay our Mortgage bill!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

1 comment:

Well Heeled Blog said...

Hi there! I'm a new reader... and I just read an article in the New York Times about this. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/08/dining/single-serve-coffee-brewers-make-convenience-costly.html. I don't drink that much coffee (prefer tea instead), but the convenience of a Keurig is very tempting...

Emergency Fund