Bills that need catching up!!!

Friday, February 03, 2012

I'm Glad It's Friday

It's Friday and even though my full-time job is done for the week, I still have two shifts at the Diner this weekend.  I spent a total of $26.60 yesterday, $9.89 at Staples and $16.71 at the grocery store.  The actual total for Staples was $24.89 but I had a $15.00 gift card to offset that amount.  I also have to take my daughter out to buy a new dress for a party, she has a $40 limit and my mom was kind enough to gift that money to us.  I feel that even after a month of laying financially low my husband is still in an adjustment phase.  I suppose since he never had to become frugal before, I need to be patient with his adjustment to our new financial lifestyle.  I am really counting on my tips this weekend for additional grocery and bill money, I hope I can clear at least $70.00.  However with the Superbowl on Sunday (GO GIANTS) I am not sure how busy we will be that night.  I am also going to tell them if they need someone to cover a shift or two next week to please call me.  I feel that since my hubby's kids will be with their mom next week, this is another opportunity to make some extra cash.  I also received a call from the banquet hall, they are holding their orientation on Saturday at 11.  I would like to go and see what the pay is and how what hours are offered, I guess I will find out tomorrow how I feel. For some reason I feel a bit tired today and I hope to be in bed by 11 tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow.  I'm making crock-pot chili tomorrow and since Sunday (GO GIANTS) is Superbowl my hubby's BFF is basically providing all the food for the event.  He is bringing buffalo bites, french fries, sour cream & onion dip, and chips.  I am just making a pepperoni, cheese and cracker platter and taking out either the buffalo chicken dip or the cheese steak dip. I hope I get out of work by 9PM on Sunday because I want to eat some buffalo bites, I will have to ask them to please save me some.  Two adult men and two or three teenaged boys can pack down food!!

Since we do not have a ton of grocery money for next week, I am heading to Aldi tonight.

My menu for next week (which is based on mostly what we have in the freezer: 

Mon -Beef Stroganoff, noodles, veggie
Tues - Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (leftover in freezer), roasted potatoes
Wed -Soup  - I have a mix for split pea for the hubby; veggie patty for me
Thur - Grilled Chicken, corn, rice
Fri - Pizza (homemade)
Sat - Baked Macaroni (single serving size)
Sun - Leftover chili

My trip to Aldi is really for the chili, I need ground beef, beans and tomatoes; all these items are pretty low in cost.  I also need to pick up more yogurt, fruit and some munchies for my daughter's lunch next week.  I feel a bit restrained when it comes to our finances, but I know in the long run it will benefit us.  I just need to keep in mind our goal for this month, not to mention we have already made arrangements that need to be followed thru by us.
 
Financial Slacker Chic out...


No comments:

Emergency Fund