Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year!!

It is  the Lunar New Year, another chance to renew those January 1st resolutions and to stick with them!  This year is the Year of the Dragon.  Growing up with my mother she would traditionally gives us money and a small gift for the Lunar New Year, and still does even though I am an adult! Of course she also gives a gift to her grandchild to spread on the tradition.  I also give out red envelopes to my daughter and step-children, but this year since money is very tight, that will not happen.  This actually makes me very sad that I cannot even celebrate Lunar New Year by sharing some coins because of the way our finances are going.  I am not going to let this sadness ruin my day, but it's another motivation factor to get our finances together that way next year, I can celebrate in style!  The year of the Dragon  encourages growth and change in all areas of ones lives.  I am taking this year to heart and changing the areas of my life that I already have set goals for this year!

Weekend was good, nothing spectacular except for the couple of inches of snow on Saturday! I did most of the grocery shopping on Friday, ran some errands on Saturday. On Sunday me and my husband did work on the younger girls' room, it was a disaster!  We also re-purposed a dresser down in the basement for the 10 year old so she could have more storage space for her clothes.  I had the 10 year old go thru all her clothes and get rid of anything she did not want or wear and she had a trash-bag full of clothes that will be going to either goodwill or the animal shelter. I am going to go thru the 5 year old clothes when she is at her mom's this week, she likes to keep everything even if it doesn't fit.  I have already spotted at least 10 shirts that are size 4T and below that needs to go!

I also did make it to Zumba on Sunday Morning! Top it all off the NY Giants won and are going to the Super Bowl!!!! All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

This weeks plan is to definitely clean out that back room, it is now officially a disaster zone!!!!  I also want to put the rest of the holiday stuff away.  I am going to Zumba tonight and Thursday night and practice Yoga Tues, Wed and Saturday.  

On the part-time job hunt, I never heard back about the receptionist position a little disappointed, but why would I want to work there anyways?  They did not have the common courtesy to call me and let me know I was not chosen for the position, I find that very unprofessional!  I still have my interview on Friday and today I will be applying for a few waitress positions.

Well off to another great week!

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund