Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Need to Vent

I had a bit of a breakdown last night regarding our finances.  The mortgage is due by the 3rd of the month, but since May of 2011, we are a month late every month.  Mind you, I never had a mortgage to deal with before marriage, so this is new to me.  The mortgage is around $2,244.00 a month which includes property taxes and house insurance.  I have tried to move bills around to get caught up, but every time that I think this may happen, an unexpected expense comes up and I am back to square one.  I wasn't able to pay December's until January 13, I just couldn't get to the bank any earlier.  Due to paying this bill late, the mortgage company sent out an intent to foreclose letter.  If that wasn't enough the mortgage company sent somebody over to check to see if my husband still lived at the house because he never calls them back.  Luckily for me my husband was home and verified with the person that he was still living at the house.  Also the house is not going into foreclosure, but the bank won't even except weekly payments until we are totally up-to-date.  Of course he asks me what the heck is going on.  I said to him, I told you the mortgage is late and it seems you never want to hear about!  I then proceeded to have a meltdown about how I was tired of living paycheck to paycheck, worried that the cars would be repossessed or somebody was going to stop by regarding the house like they just did, or that the utilities were going to be shut off.  He seemed a bit shocked and I think reality finally sunk in regarding he financial situation. He was also complaining a bit over the weekend about me find an extra job on the side.  During my meltdown,  I even told him that I did not want to get another job, but that I was doing what needed to be done and that it would be nice that he was supportive instead of whining about it.   This was not a fight, but rather an intense discussion, we worked it out and all is well.  He realizes that for the next two months, money will be very tight, he is in total agreement about getting this mortgage up-to-date so that way on March 1 the mortgage will be paid on time and then we can have $561.00 per week drafted from the account each Friday to pay the mortgage automatically.  My husband gets paid weekly so his check will cover the mortgage, gas and any extra expenditures.  My pay checks only come twice a month and they will cover all other expenses.

Before marriage, I didn't really have many bills, and the bills I had were paid on time and I never worried about money.  I had money saved up...not anymore and to be honest I could buy myself whatever I wanted for me and my child.  Now my credit is down the crapper, my personal bill are being paid late and I am feel like I am failing.   I do love my husband and the kids, I just am feeling the pressure, the frustration and the severity of the situation!  Thanks for reading, I know it will get better, just needed to vent.

Financial Slacker Chic out...

No comments:

Emergency Fund