Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Too Bad it wasn't a Unicorn!!

In the last quarter of 2011, my husband, a business partner and I bought a horse.  Too bad it wasn't a Unicorn, because that would be awesome and my dream pet!!!


Back to reality....I did not realize how much maintenance costs for a horse back then, I was a bit naive to be honest with you.  It turns out about $600.00 a month needs to be allocated towards this horse which is half the bill.  That is a lot of money when I am trying to pay the bills off, it can be quite frustrating.  I am not upset or mad at anyone, I just wished I knew more about it from a financial standpoint before I agreed to this commitment.  On the flip-side, this horse is offspring of two different horses my husband trained and it looks as if it has inherited all their good qualities.  Its quite possible, we will either make a good profit from the sale of the horse or it will continue its training for upcoming races.  Only time will tell, in the meantime, I am going to continue to stay positive and look at this as an investment instead of a liability.  

My low to no spend challenge for January has been good so far, we have only spent money on groceries, essential kid activities and the bills.  Yesterday I did spend $5.55 of my personal pending cash and I probably will have to pick up milk tomorrow since we are down to 1/2 gallon and with four kids in the house who are on a cereal kick, that will go fast!!  Yesterday, hubby also noticed that the 5 gallon water jug was empty and asked if we had any money to pick a new one up, I told him to use his personal cash and he said okay.  However, before I left his morning, I saw that there was a full 5 gallon jug of water sitting in the dining room!  I called him and he was very happy that he didn't have to spend any money.  I am so happy he seems to be on board with the low to no spend January challenge!  I am trying to find a part-time job to supplement my income but that will also fit into my schedule.  I need to come up with better ideas to earn extra cash....anybody got any?

On a personal note, I went to the gym yesterday, spent 20 minutes on the elliptical!  I also managed to stay within my 26 WW daily points hurray for me!!  This morning, I managed to get out of bed at 5:10 and practiced Yoga for 20 minutes, and honestly I feel great today!  When I get home today, I am going to finish cleaning up the back room so I can check that off my list. Tonight is an easy dinner night, just pop in the baked macaroni in the oven for 30 minutes and dinner is served!  I hope my night goes well, just need to pick up my daughter around 7pm, then its time to watch the recorded episodes of  House of Anubis .  That's right me and the girls (well my 15 year old daughter and 10 year old step-daughter) sit and watch this entertaining and fun Nickelodeon show, I can't help it, there is suspense and the episodes always leave you hanging for more.

So far, this has been a good week!

Financial Slacker Chic Out... 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow a horse is expensive!

Emergency Fund