Another lean month is upon us! I completed February's budget and it looks a bit overwhelming! First of all we are basically making a double mortgage payment this month so that is taking an additional $2272.00 from the budget. I am not depositing any money into our savings account and I will be allocating every penny towards our budget this month. According to the budget today we are still $872 short of paying every bill due, I even estimated (under-estimated of course) how much tips and child support I would receive this month and put that towards our total income for the month of February. It may look bleak to some, but to me it looks much better than what it was a few months ago. Not to mention the mortgage will be current and we can really look forward to being back on track sooner than I anticipated. I just feel lucky that we've had a mild winter so the gas/electric is not astronomical and I do hope I can make my goal to have that bill current so we can go on the equal payment plan by the end of March. Right now we owe $559.66, but that is for an actual reading between the November 10 thru January 13. They actually had a much higher charge but I called to contest, so they had a an actual reading done and gave us a credit of $484.12. Basically this is a two month bill that needs to be paid this month. I'm pretty much using the money I make serving tables for our grocery budget and if there is anything left I will put it towards another expense category. I am just going to wait and see what February has for us!
Even though there really is no spending money, I am keeping up the optimisim!
Financial Slacker Chic out...


3 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure you'll come up with the difference.
Good luck to you!! All the hard work will pay off soon
Thank you all for your encouragement!!
Post a Comment