Bills that need catching up!!!

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of 2012 and no money was spent today....YES got through the first day!  Since my last post I actually did an inventory of my freezer and pantry and saw that we were sadly depleted.  I went to Aldi, Shoprite and BJ's and stocked up on all pantry items to include snacks for the kids.  The bulk of the shoppinh was done at Aldi....thank goodness or my grocery bill would have been very high.  I'm just happy that I got through the first day without spending a dime.  I spent most of my day relaxing and spending time with my family, eating good food and just being happy.  Tomorrow I'm off work but I have stuff to do around the house to prepare for the week.  I also wouldn't mind going to the gym or taking a walk tomorrow to squeeze in a workout...we shall see what the day holds.  On another note my wonderful mother mailed me a gift in December but instructed me not to open it until January 1.  Well I opened it and it was a beautiful cranberry colored coach bag with $50.00 in ine of the pockets and some beauty goodies in another pocket!  I love my mom she gave me a great gift with a caveat that I spend the money on myself. So I will take half that money along with the gift card my daughter gave me and get a mani-pedi and the other half on a make-up caboodle.

Looking forward to a prosperous year!

Financial Slacker Chic out...


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope 2012 is great for you!

Financial Slacker Chic said...

Thank you, I know 2012 will be a great year for me and my family!

Emergency Fund