Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, March 30, 2009

100th Blog Entry!


Hard to believe that I am on my 100th post already. Time really does fly on by, before you know it will be time for the holidays. Speaking of the holidays, does anybody know what their holiday budget will be this year? Personally I start shopping around the beginning of the year for a couple of close friends and family. Last year I spent $1,075 for 18 people and 4 adopted holiday children. The key for me was purchases made throughout the year and great sales near the holiday season. My budget for the 2009 holiday season is to $750, I know it seems early to think about the holidays, but I have already purchased a couple of gifts so far this year. I created my Holiday Budget Worksheet and allocated the amounts I plan on spending per person, family and included two adopted children. The one thing I know I do not need this year are cards, decorations and other supplies! I have so much from last year, to buy more would be such a waste of money. Just thinking of what you plan on budgeting for the holidays now will save so much money and stress come December!

1 comment:

jpkittie said...

Happy 100!!! That is awesome!

I also have started thinking of the holidays... We participate in the Christmas Club at the Credit union - $20 per week gets deposited. I am thinking around $700 should be good :)

Emergency Fund