
It is very gloomy out today, and I feel the same way. I am trying to get over the wonderful cold that I suffered all thru the weekend with and it just is making me miserable. After waking up on Saturday, I dropped my Uncle off for his haircut and then went grocery shopping. On Friday I was hit with a very large bill that I will need to be paid my the end of April. So I went ahead and bulk shopped for March and April with the knowledge that I am only able to spend $25 a week on groceries for the next two months. I have had to rework my budget to ensure that this big bill will be paid off and that my basic necessities as well as school tuition will be covered for the months of March and April. I will only be sending in the bare minimum payment for all credit cards and even told my daughter she may have to brown-bag it a couple days out of the week. One of the best things about this financial storm is that I am not even stressed out about it. If push comes to shove I can fall back on my EF, but honestly I don't think it will be necessary. The activity fund still has money in it and I had already made a "date" with my daughter to see the movies "Coraline" and "Race to Witch Mountain". That will give us our outing together and then make the most out of the netflix account that I have. We will go see the movie during the day and I always have a free popcorn pass for the theater. Since I gave up shopping for myself for Lent, the shopping issue is not there anymore, so that also very helpful. School and the constant house declutter will be also be my focus in the upcoming months.
Dinner Menu for this week:
Sun - leftovers
Mon - pizza
Tue - Spaghetti & meatballs
Wed - Coconut Thai chicken, rice, veggies
Thurs - Pork Paprika, noodles, veggies
Friday - Tilapia, rice and veggies
Sat - Honey Mustard pork tenderloin, potatoes and asparagus
Even though I was not well, I performed my mystery shop assignment and turned in the report and receipt. I have one more assignment tomorrow and I will review the requirements tonight. I probably will not have anymore for this month, but that is okay, I earned a bit of extra cash so I am happy. My planned no spending days this week are Wed, Thurs, & Sunday. Keeping my fingers cross on that one. I spent $3.21 at MickeyD's today because I was too tired to make my breakfast. They have a deal on sausage egg muffin, 2 for $3, so I bought two, one for today and one for tomorrow, then take the sausage off, because I think they taste too greasy. Last week I did not spend one dime on breakfast and had a $4.06 fish sandwich from Wendy's, I was pretty impressed with myself, I will not buy any food for the rest of the week. I purchased a seafood lean cuisine for this Friday's meatless lunch. I do not anticipate any spending today, tomorrow I have to purchase one item for the mystery shop and the rest of the week should be smooth sailing!


3 comments:
awwww well keep your head up! proud of ya for keeping it all honest here ;)
that sucks that you have a big bill that will get into the mix... but good for you for planning to work on getting it going without the EF. And I love how you have 'dates' with your daughter!
Thanks J.Money and jpkittie for the support!
Post a Comment