Bills that need catching up!!!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Won the Lotto Monday!


Well not exactly, but I did come home Monday to a unexpected $27.97 check in the mail along with a couple of grocery coupons that I will actually use. I also received the DVD, "Pineapple Express" from my brother; I will watch this movie later during the week. I also was offered a very local mystery shop for April, on Mon. night and gladly accepted the offer. Monday was one of my no spending days for this week, most likely Thursday and Friday will be too.

Today I went to the gym for a cardio workout and mailed out my sold eBay item. After I mailed off the package, I did stop by the grocery store and spent $5.94 on two tubs of cool whip and ice cream they were for my darling daughter (DD). Dinner was ready in about 20 minutes, I just reheated shredded pork and added a bit of BBQ sauce and ketchup for hoagies, I made homemade coleslaw Monday night, the corn-on-the-cob took the longest to cook. Tonight I took out the flank steak and put in the fridge to defrost, then lay out the rest of the pantry ingredients I will need for dinner on Wednesday. Lately I have been getting my breakfast and lunch ready the night before and it has been making my mornings much smoother. I also have been setting up for my daughter's breakfast and the only thing I have to do now in the AM is pour milk into a glass for her and grab my lunch bag out of the fridge! I am also going to try picking an outfit the night before and see how that goes. Received another mystery shop assignment for April, these are small and will earn me $20 for both, but every bit counts.

I think my friend and I will meet up for lunch tomorrow to catch up, haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. I also will deposit the CS into the activity fund as well as the other check into my main bank account.

I found out from a friend today that there is holistic expo this weekend, I would love to attend this event. Admission for the day is only $15 and all the lectures are free. They are offering workshops, but they cost money and I'd rather just enjoy the free lectures. The total cost of the trip will cost me about $50 which includes the train ticket and lunch. I have two cons, one I would have to be on an early AM train, but I usually am up by 7AM on Sat. Te other con is that I would miss my workout at the gym; however its only cardio training and I am sure I will do enough walking on Saturday to make up for it. One pro of the event is the expo is only one street up from the train station, I do not have to pay for the subway. Another is that I will be able to attend an event that normally isn't around this area. Since I do have a few extra dollars to spare for this trip, I'll mull it over again on Wednesday but my first instinct is to go and have fun!

No comments:

Emergency Fund