
Received an email regarding registration for my daughter's cheerleading activity. I love the fact that I have to write out five checks for this sport. The first check is for $140 registration fee, then I have the choice of writing a $52 check for candy or $30 candy buyout. The third check is for $50 raffle fee and the last two checks will be for the work deposit and uniform deposit (both $200). Registration is in April and on that date I will have to make sure I have $192 in the activity fund for the first two checks. The third check is cashed in August and the deposit checks will not be cashed if 1. You perform the work duty and 2. Uniform come back clean. So by August I am looking at a total of $242, but the financial fun never ends with cheerleading. There will be numerous fees for the use of the special gym, last year the total came to $75 for 9 sessions. Then the competition shoes ran $60 last year, so I am sure they will be the same price if not more. I am sure a cheer camp ($80) will be offered during the summer for one week. I also cannot forget the cheer bow, cheer curls and new body suit totaling $36. Cheer pictures were about $40, lunches when she went to competition $15 x 2. The total for 2008 is $537, but I am sure I have missed one expense or another.
This year I am going to keep track of every dollar I spend towards cheer to see what the actual total. My daughter's team did a fantastic job last year, they would have gone to FL for national, but placed 2nd. After going thru the financial shock of cheerleading, I increased my allocation of the activity fund from my paycheck. Most of the child support checks and mystery shopper income will be deposited into that fund as well. If they would have made it to Nationals, the trip to Fl would have probably been about $1500 for both of us to go. I want to ensure we have funds available for when they win their division I will not have to worry about coming up with the money for her to go.


No comments:
Post a Comment