Bills that need catching up!!!

Monday, March 02, 2009

March Madness

Over the course of the weekend I spent $313.87 as you can see in the chart below.
Most of was spent in the restaurant category and my daughter needed new sneakers and a pair of snow boots. I did not spend any money on clothes for myself this weekend, kept to my Lent offering. I did purchase the pet supplies for the month, gas for the weekend and this week's groceries. The fee was an ATM fee and my bank will charge another $2 and I took my daughter to see the New Shanghai Circus on Sunday and spent $14 on snacks and a souvenir.

Over the weekend I made up my dinner for the week
Sun - Baked Potatoes
Mon - Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Tues - Pork paprika, noodles, veggie,
Wed - Beef Bulgolgi, rice, veggies
Thur - Chicken, potatoes, veggies
Fri - Fish, stir fry rice, veggies
Sat - Steak, potatoes, veggie

Lunches will be either sandwiches, leftovers or lean cuisines and breakfasts are usually an egg and cheese on an English muffin or bagel, or whatever bread I have in the house.

I did compile a March Budget:

Looks good so far, I know that it will not be perfect, but I am going to try my hardest to keep to the budget. The utility budget is high due to the natural gas bill and the sewage billing due this month. It is also Vet time for the older cat so I needed to add in an additional 188 to cover the cost of his exam, shots and blood work. I did not take account of the child support I sometimes receive during the month, in fact I do not count on it at all. However if I do receive CS this month it will be deposited into my Sovereign Bank account. I decided last month to use allocate the Sovereign account for entertainment and activities. I have $50 a month directly deposited into this account and any other extra money I earn from mystery shopping will go into this account as well. Speaking of mystery shopping, I have three lined up for this month and that will total to about $3o. On a final note as a new goal I decided to implement no spending days for the month of March, I am going for 10 no spending days as my first go around with this new goal.

1 comment:

DINKS said...

Ooooooooh you eat Bulgolgi?! sooooo GOOD!! When we lived in Korea it was my all-time favorite :) Are you Korean by chance?

Also, i'm diggin' those budget breakdowns. Like how you put a lot aside for EF and other funds too - great job!

Emergency Fund